MetoDHology is a community-based crowd-sourced platform on which experts on different methodologies can publish their processes and workflows. Ideally lessons, explainers and blog posts should be written with an interdisciplinary audience in mind.
Use this form to submit your proposal.
See our template and instructions for contributors as a pdf or Google Doc.
We welcome contributions in the following formats:
- Methodology overviews – these are general introductions to methodologies aimed at explaining the essential elements of a particular methodology, translating key jargon, highlighting important projects and suggesting tools and methods to get started. Each entry should include a short video (3-5 minutes), text (600-1000 words), links and further reading. See for example, Introduction to Digital Mapping, Introduction to Linked Data or Crowdsourcing.
- Methodology deep dive – these lessons look at a particular method in more depth. They should explain a range of tools/software from free and easy to learn off-the-shelf apps to more complex software used in long term and large-scale projects. They should explain how this method is used in different projects and what data or research materials are required to get started.
- Workflow explainer – have you developed a workflow for a current project that you would like to publish and share with other researchers? Workflows can be focused on a specific project and data set and can range from simple ‘hacks’ using free open source software to more complex multi-software, multi-step processes.
- Resource lists – do you have a resource list, examples of data sets for reuse, guides to tools and software, or a bibliography you would like to publish and share with fellow researchers? We can host it, bibliographies and resources lists should be focused on methodologies. See this example.
- Blog posts – do you have thoughts on methodologies? The challenges of redirecting research under travel and gathering restrictions? Reflections on becoming an interdisciplinary researcher? A project that you would like to share with the community? Write a post for us, 600-1000 words.
Please contact us with any other questions. All contributions are published under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Want to request a resource or explainer on a topic? See our Contact Form.